Pedego Rolls Out New Platinum Interceptor, Premium Electric Cruiser Bike
Pedego Electric Bikes delivers their best bike yet in technical brilliance and pure riding fun
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., January 17, 2017 — Pedego® Electric Bikes has introduced its latest achievement — the Pedego Platinum Interceptor. Zooming riders to new heights in bike-riding delight, the Platinum Interceptor’s lustrous silver finish evokes dreams of space travel. Its rugged 500-watt electric motor and premium upgrades rocket you away on journeys of discovery, propelling you up the biggest hills in luxurious comfort and style. Now available in Pedego stores, the Platinum Interceptor is priced from $3,795.
Pedego Platinum Interceptor brings high-quality components together with advanced technology to provide a sensational, comfortable ride:
- Enjoy smooth shifting and extra-confident pedaling with a larger front chain ring and deluxe 10-speed drive train.
- Stop on a dime with top-of-the-line Magura hydraulic front and rear disc brakes that combine with extra-comfortable, easy-grip brake levers to keep those smiles coming for miles.
- Glide serenely down the bike path on smooth rides thanks to the RST Zeus front suspension.
- Relax with a gentle swept-back handlebar design that provides comfortable body geometry.
- Ride up to 60 miles on a single charge with the optional 48-volt 15-amp hour battery.
Pedego’s proprietary PedalSense™ Technology is engineered to include the best of cadence and torque sensor programming that delivers an ultra-responsive ride. PedalSense Level 0 allows you to ride without electric assistance on a bicycle that truly performs. Soar and explore using Levels 1 through 4 with state-of-the-art torque sensors that deliver proportional assistance depending on how hard you pedal. Level 5 provides full power when you pedal. Level 6 provides throttle-only assistance. Levels 1 through 5 provide throttle override, so you can twist and go on demand at any time.
In addition, the Platinum Interceptor includes the following features found in Pedego’s entire line of Interceptor electric bikes:
- Twist-and-go throttle that propels you at graduated speeds of up to 20 MPH;
- Deluxe saddle with a suspension seat post for extra cushioning where it counts;
- Kevlar-belted premium balloon tires that add more glide to your ride while helping to prevent flats;
- LCD display with a USB charger port for your phone and other devices such as speakers; and
- Front and rear lights for your safety.
Available in 26-inch Classic and Step-thru frames, the Pedego Platinum Interceptor is priced at $3,795 for a 48-volt, 10-amp hour battery. This bike goes incredibly long distances with a 48-volt, 15-amp hour battery at $4,095. Pedego’s two-year warranty on both the bike and the battery is one of the longest in the industry.
“At Pedego, we know that the most important part of any bike is the rider,” said Pedego co-founder and CEO Don DiCostanzo. “With the Pedego Platinum’s first-class combination of technology and comfort, we know our riders are going to be absolutely thrilled. Hands down, it is the electric bike to love in 2017.”
Pedego® Electric Bikes is the Number 1 electric bike brand in the United States, according to Navigant Research. Pedego manufactures 10 high-quality, innovative models, including cruisers, tandems, commuters, fat-tire bikes, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and a convenient electric folding bike. Sold at more than 90 Pedego-branded stores and hundreds of independent electric bike dealers worldwide, Pedego’s stylish “pedal or not” electric bikes boast powerful, whisper-quiet motors that let riders sail up hills and breeze through headwinds with a smile. Available in hundreds of color combinations, Pedego electric bikes deliver a green alternative for transportation, exercise and recreation — transforming lives with fun and delight. Founded in 2008, Orange County, Calif.-based Pedego inspires riders to say, “Hello, Fun!”
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.